Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Fathers Day.


For the man that would give it all up just so I would have it all. This is for him. The man that gave me my heart, my spirit, and my personality... and gave me so much more than meets the eye. My father is an inspiration to me everyday. He came from a past that most can't imagine, and we didn't always live the most perfect life... but at the end of the day he loved us unconditionally. He would do anything for me hands down no questions asked. He really is the most important man in my life, and it took me 21 years to finally know and appreciate that. At times I know he feels unappreciated... and I myself am to blame. I should have hugged him tighter, and told him I loved him more... I take the little things he does for granted.
I still remember being little and my daddy having to brush my hair because my mom was unable to do it because she didn't get the knots out like dad. Or no matter what I had going on... dance, cheering, twirling, pageants, he was always there no matter what. My dad is a man of strength and a man of soul. A recovering addict... my father is a story for most. He has been through it all.. and has transformed his life and for that I am forever grateful. For that simple reason... we have become closer than we have ever been before. God knew what he was doing when he made me his daughter. He needs me just as much as I need him. I love my father more and more everyday, and I am so thankful for him in my life. I am truly blessed. I am blessed to know I have a male figure in my life that no matter what will always be there... and to say that I have a relationship with him... something that I used to not have... means the world to me. I am proud to call him my father. I am not ashamed of our past or what came of it... because at the end of the day... he is my father, and I love him. I can't imagine life without my father... I would miss him dearly.
A few fun facts about Zeph Garthright (My daddy)
He is all about schedule and time. If you're late you will KNOW IT.
He thinks he is right about everything.
He has a routine... where he gets his coffee (McDonalds) to where he eats... during the day.
He also stops at every convenient store on Hull Street Road. He knows every Indian that owns a gas station.
He plays the lottery every day.
He loves going to the horse track.
He wears visors so much that he has a permanent tan from them.
He is a golfer/sport lover at heart.
He loves ice cream and anything he can put into a bowl with milk.
He makes the weirdest concoctions when it comes to food... that it can gross you out.
He has the most genuine giving heart out of anyone I have met.
He gets excited about the littlest things.
He is a bargain shopper.
He has never met a stranger.
and he is a shopoholic... and when I mean shopoholic I mean it. he takes it to a whole new level.

I love my dad cus he's just like me... we're just alike... I could tell him well wow Dad your hair sure is looking a little thin.. you might wanna check that out.. and he will go in the bathroom and check it out. While he'll tell me I'm looking a little chubby, and I'll do the same exact thing.
gah, I love that man.
Happy Father's Day Daddy, I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment